Clarity/Ameriphone Digital Cellphone Compatible Combination TTY/VCO
Clarity/Ameriphone Text Telephone, Voice Carry Over Combo
The Clarity/Ameriphone Text Telephone, Voice Carry Over Combo is stylish and light-weight. It is also a portable! Ideal for use in homes, offices as well as for traveling.
- 68-Key PC-style keyboard with one touch buttons for typing commonly used phrases
- Text answering machine with programmable personalized greeting and remote message retrieval
- Built-in microphone for hands free voice carry over (VCO) calls
- Place Hearing Carry Over (HCO) calls with optional speakers or headset
What is a (TTY)?
TTY stands for Text Telephone. It can also be called a TDD, or Telecommunication Device for the Deaf. TTY is the more widely used term, however, TTY’s are used by many people, not just the deaf.
A TTY is a special device that allows people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired to use the telephone to communicate by letting them type messages back and forth to one another instead of talking and listening. A TTY device is required at both ends of the conversation in order to communicate.
If you do not have a TTY device, you can still call a person who is deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired by using a Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS). In this case, a special operator types whatever you say so that the person you are calling can read your words on his or her TTY display. That person can then type back a response, which the TRS operator will read aloud for you over the phone. Toll Free TRS services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
What is VCO?
Voice Carry Over (VCO) allows individuals with hearing loss continue to use their own voice to speak on the telephone.
VCO allows people to speak directly to the person they are calling, then read that person’s response on their TTY display. No more straining to hear the words, or asking people to repeat themselves. Because you can read their words, the meaning comes through clear every time. This allows the conversation to maintain a personal, natural feeling because people are using their own voice to speak.
- Alarm Clocks
- Amplified Corded Phones
- Amplified Cordless Phones
- Automatic Stove Shut Off Devices
- Bed Shaker
- Control Unit for CookStop Automatic Stove Shut Off Device
- Hearing Aid Dryer and Refresher
- IP Cameras
- Keyboards for Low Vision
- Loud Phone Ringers
- Personal Amplifier
- Personal Assistance System
- Photo Phones
- Portable Magnifiers
- Products for Hearing Loss
- Products for Limited Mobility
- Products for Memory Loss
- Products for Vision Loss
- Replacement Motion Sensor Lens for electric control unit
- Signaler/Notification Systems
- Speech Amplification
- TV Listening